Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Winter time

This winter we've had more snow than I remember. It seems we have a new storm every three or four days. I spend a lot of time staring out the windows at the beautiful flakes. We also enjoy sitting in the hot tub and watching the cloudy sky through our snow-covered trees. I know it's cold, but wintertime is so magical! I can honestly say I love the snow.

My boys, however, are so tired of being cooped in the house. The continuous snow is beautiful, but it makes outdoor recreation difficult. This week, they learned how to do cross country races in our family room. Scotty, Dallin, and Matthew run tirelessly in circles, counting laps as they speed around the loveseat. Nicole joins them, but she seems to spend an awful lot of time on the floor being trampled. I wish I had half their energy!

Sierra "inherited" a full ream of paper from a friend, and she is working very hard to use it all. She has created an entire town with buildings, people, trees, etc. Each piece is drawn, colored, and then cut out. She occasionally enlists here brothers help, which is delightful. It makes a momma happy to see all five children sitting together drawing, cutting, and creating while they each discuss the characteristics of whatever they are working on. (Sigh). Sometimes I wish they could stay this age forever.

PS Can I just say how much I love having a 4 wheel drive in all this snow?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Honestly - Sierra amazes me. I love that she gets Marissa enjoying those kinds of things, too.

I believe I would really enjoy watching those "cross country circle races". Sounds quite entertaining.

Can I just say how difficult it is NOT having a 4-wheel drive while living in Utah? Hmmmmmmm...

Natalie said...

Wow! I'll miss you when you move, but it sounds like it will be fun. I think you would make an excellent preschool teacher. Have you taught before?

Introducing. . . Matthew

Introducing. . . Matthew
This picture says it all. Matthew has such twinkly eyes when he's being a tease!