Thursday, January 3, 2008

NO! NO! NO! NO!

Nicole will be two in March. Her favorite words are 'night night' and 'no'. The kids have been working hard to teach her how to say yes, but they haven't yet been successful. On Monday, I had a piece of candy I offered Nicole. She immediately said no, so I started putting it away. Naturally, she fussed because she really wanted it.

I said, "You have to say 'yes' if you want to eat the candy."

Nicole scrunched her face, twisted her mouth like she'd eaten a lemon, and said in a pained voice, "JJJJhhhhheeeeeesssss." And reached for the candy.

The things we do to teach our little ones to be positive!

4 comments:

Francis Family said...

Awe how cute! Don't you wish you had a picture of her face when she said it?

Michelle said...

I love her!!!!

Thanks so much for your help on Saturday. It turned out to be SO crazy. Aaron ended up in the inst-care again for 18 more stitches (believe it or not!!!). Sorry we never hooked the girls up. We'll have to shoot for something this week, k?

We had a blast and a half on New Year's Eve. You guys are such great friends!

Lotsa love.

Natalie said...

I just used candy as a bribe yesterday. Carston peed his pants while having a playdate because he thought he had to tell someone before he went the bathroom. He was screaming and didn't want to borrow any pants, until...I pulled out a mint that I had luckily just received from the bank. It worked like a charm. So yes, I believe in using candy as positive reinforcement!

Breanne said...

That is so cute!

Introducing. . . Matthew

Introducing. . . Matthew
This picture says it all. Matthew has such twinkly eyes when he's being a tease!