Sunday, May 25, 2008

Moving Daze

Well, it's really going to happen. We finally found a family to rent our house in Orem, which means we are going to qualify for our loan and move to Spanish Fork. I had myself convinced it wasn't going to happen, so I stopped packing for a few weeks. We suddenly have 4 days left to pack, and then we'll be moving in.

I'm having a hard time believing we're about to make such a change. Sure, the house is covered in boxes and I've accidentally packed WAY too many items I shouldn't have; but I still do the same dishes in the same sink and make the same beds. It's all so familiar and routine. The fact we're counting down the days is not sinking in.

We coming up with the "Oh! I guess we have to . . . " statements. Simple things, like calling to have our mail forwarded, realizing we have to actually finish painting in the back bathroom, and I can no longer postpone cleaning out behind and under the refrigerator and oven. Oh! I guess I have to clean the oven this week. See? It doesn't end.

We haven't made a change like this in so long, I'm wondering what our new neighborhood will be like as I'm realizing I have so many friends here to say goodbye to. The goodbyes seem fake, because my brain isn't processing the fact that we won't be bumping into our neighbors in Orem anymore, and we won't see them on Sundays. We'll have a few weeks of fuzzy memories of new names we're supposed to remember, but can't. It will all be a blur.

I know we'll have a few weeks of confusion as we unpack, but we will suddenly find ourselves settled in. I'm wondering if that's when the Moving Daze ends. I'll find myself standing at my new sink, but I'll be washing the same dishes.

Who knows? But until then, I need to get packing. I just realized I haven't started my food storage room, and hope I have enough boxes. Dried apricots, anyone?

2 comments:

Francis Family said...

Wow! Heather, I can't believe you are moving on Friday!! Pretty soon I'll be going through the same thing you are going through now. I can't believe we are doing it again!! Thanks to both you and Matt. You guys are awesome Realtors!!

Michelle said...

Oh man - I'm so glad that is over for me ... other than getting to know new people. That's tough for me and Ty ... I can't picture it being tough AT ALL for you and Matt.

Anyway - too bad dishes can't just take care of themselves ...

Can't wait to have you here!

I absolutely LOVE Nicole's "falling off the couch ALL BY HERSELF" story - that's a hoot. She's got spunk - that one! Love her!

Introducing. . . Matthew

Introducing. . . Matthew
This picture says it all. Matthew has such twinkly eyes when he's being a tease!