Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I once had a daughter who acted so sweet
She charmed every stranger she happened to meet.
With smiles and curls and dimples so dear
She brightened the day of all those who were near.

But then on her birthday she finally turned two And started to act out and throw tantrums, too. She knew what she wanted and let everyone know
I was shocked at how long her tantrums could go.

But today at church she took the cake and won a new award
Five minutes into nursery she decided she was bored.
The nursery leader tried to hold her and keep her in her place
And sweet Nicole then turned - and slapped her in the face.

The leader was astonished - Matt and I were, too.
When Nicole was brought to me with "I think she wants just you.
Please hold her for a bit so the leader can calm down
Then I'm sure she'll be welcome back - the leader'll come around."

So, Mothers, this poem's for you, when your children misbehave
No matter when or where, even on Mother's Day.
Remember who's in charge, and know that it's not you
It's going to be the darling one who recently turned two.





Written by a loving mother, me (Heather Mendonsa) 5/11/08





Happy Mother's Day





Unfortunately, this poem was inspired by actual events. It was not based on a true story, it is a true story.

4 comments:

Breanne said...

I saw her crying and Marlisha looking for you! Wow! She is totally giving you heck! Aren't 2 year olds fun! ;)

Michelle said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Heather! I am seriously in tears from laughing. Bless your heart!

That poem was awesome.

Tam on the Rocks said...

I just read this poem and had to laugh. My sweet two year old got kicked out of nursery last week for throwing toys when he got angry. I'm glad to know I am not the only mom having this kind of proud parental moment. ;)

Natalie said...

That is hillarious! Did she slap Beth or Marlisha? Wow. I guess I have that embarrassing moment to look forward to in the future with one of my own kids. That is soooo funny!

Introducing. . . Matthew

Introducing. . . Matthew
This picture says it all. Matthew has such twinkly eyes when he's being a tease!