Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ice Cream Boy



Matt brought home about 12 gallons (yes, gallons) of ice cream from work that had ice on the outside so they couldn't sell it. My grandfather would be so proud. Needless to say, we have ice cream every night for dessert because, well, it's there and we love it. Last night, Dallin burst into tears. WHen I calmed him down enough to find out why he was crying, he said Scotty had eaten his ice cream! We looked at the bowl, and sure enough, it was empty. Since Scotty had chosen Cookies and Cream and Dallin had chocolate, the ring around Scotty's mouth and chin confirmed it. I was dumbfounded. Scotty never does stuff like that! So, we asked him why he did it. He said, "I wanted it. I said I was sorry!" Hmmm. I think we need to work on apologizing. Somehow, I think our children have missed the part that they need to mean it.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

12 gallons?!? Wow.

We have an "oops" joke at our house. Every once in awhile, someone will use as an excuse ... "I said, oops!"

Francis Family said...

Wow, Ya, so totally out of character for Scotty! But funny. Poor Dallin. I hope he ended up getting some more.

Introducing. . . Matthew

Introducing. . . Matthew
This picture says it all. Matthew has such twinkly eyes when he's being a tease!