Saturday, March 22, 2008

Matt is 35!

Today is Matt's 35th birthday. We surprised him at work by stopping by to say hello. What he didn't know was that we decided to "decorate" his car. I was called a turkey as he attempted to drive away and his car was covered with crepe paper and blue writing in each window.

The decorating backfired, however. We had reservations to eat at Ruth's Chris Restaurant in Salt Lake shortly after he got home. We had no time to take off the writing before driving away. I realized my mistake as we drove up to the valet parking. The attendants were decked out with red (seriously) jackets and all the trimmings. We were surrounded by Mercedes, a beautiful Porsche I'm still trying not to covet, and other exotic, beautiful cars. We pulled up in a silver Intrepid with phrases like "Over the Hill" and "Old Fart" printed on the windows in blue. Oh, well. Maybe we'll gain some dignity and poise after 40.

By the way, Ruth's is VERY expensive, but I can truly say it's the best cut of steak I have ever eaten! Happy Birthday, Matt! You deserve the best!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

HEather - that is so dang hilarious!!! Dignity and poise - who needs it?! hahahahahahahahahahaahahhah!

Happy Birthday Matt-o-la!

Michelle said...

PS - I love the new look. So fun! I'm not sure if my last comment posted or not. Hmmmmm ...

Francis Family said...

Happy Birthday Matt!! Sounds like he had a great birthday.

Michelle said...

I'm guessing my first comment didn't post. So, Happy Birthday, Matt!! I laughed all over again reading this post today. Dignity and poise are over-rated. :-D!! You guys are the best - we're so happy to count you as friends.

Annie said...

Are we really turning 35 this year! I LOVE that you went to a fancy restaurant with your car all decorated up. You have the best stories, I suggest you keep the possibility of a book in the back of your mind...
Good luck with the new house too!

Introducing. . . Matthew

Introducing. . . Matthew
This picture says it all. Matthew has such twinkly eyes when he's being a tease!